Southlake is one the cities that is greatly endowed with service providers ranging from AC installation and repair specialist to roofing repair contractors. Unfortunately, the industry is also filled with a myriad of fly-by-night contractors whose sole aim is to take advantage of your kind nature. Before hiring an Air Conditioning Repair Contractor in Southlake, you need to take time and acquaint yourself with the dos and don’ts of hiring an HVAC contractor.
Make a habit of asking for recommendations before hiring an AC Repair Southlake Contractor, especially if you have never used the services of one before. Talk to some of your colleagues, friends and neighbors about the contractors they have hired in the past. While asking for word-of-mouth referrals, it is important to ask as many questions as possible for instance:
– Did the contractor complete the work on time and budget?
– Did the contractor ask for more money at the end of the project?
– Did the contractor educate you on how to enhance the life of your air conditioning system?
– Would you use the same contractor in the future?
2. BBB Certification
Note that, just because a particular Air Conditioning Repair contractor has been referred to you by a close friend does not mean that they are the best. Get to know if there are existing consumer complaints against the company by calling the local BBB (Better Business Bureau) office. While it is impossible to please all consumers, it is essential that a company has a proper structure for addressing consumer complaints.
3. Do Due Diligence
Lastly, do not forget to do due diligence on the list of air conditioning installation and repair contractors that have been referred to you. Listed below are some of the things that you need to find out about the company prior to signing a contract with them:
– Licensing and Registration.
– Training and Certification.
– Insurance and bonding.
– Continuing education program.
Do not hire an AC Repair Southlake who:
– Demands for payment upfront.
– Subcontracts the work to a different company.
– Does not have a physical address.
– Changed their business name.