For many people, the kitchen is the heart of the home – or at least, a place where most people spend a lot of their time when they’re at home. That means that when it’s time to remodel, you want to make sure you choose a contractor who’s going to be able to create the kitchen you’re dreaming of while staying on budget and on time. The key to getting the best results is knowing how to select the best contractor for the job. Here are some tips to help you decide:
• Ask for references – and then actually use them. Most contractors will be able to provide you with references from other clients, or at least show you examples of previous work. If you’re provided with contact information, reach out and ask the customer about their experience.
• Get referrals from friends and family members. Nothing beats word-of-mouth from someone you know and trust. Ask around to see if any of your contacts has used a contractor and what their experience was like. Even if you don’t use the same contractor, you can learn what to look for and what to look out for.
• Ask about credentials and training. Kitchen remodels can be more involved than other types of remodeling jobs. You can make sure your contractor is up to the task by asking if they’ve completed additional training or undergone a credentialing process.
• Consider their willingness to communicate. Are they friendly? Do they answer your questions without making you feel rushed or seeming annoyed? Communication is important in any contracting job, so be sure you feel comfortable with the level of communication provided and also be sure it’s easy to get in touch when needed.
• Review the contract. Does it look professional or like something they ran off on their printer at the last minute? Does it include everything you’ve discussed? Is everything priced out? Does it include a warranty, site plan and proof of insurance? If not, be sure to voice your concerns.
Your kitchen remodel can be one of the most satisfactory home upgrades you’ll ever have. Take your time and choose your contractor wisely, and you’ll take a big step toward ensuring you get the best results.
Perfect days with your family start and end in the heart of your house- the kitchen. Don’t you deserve to have one you love with custom cabinets, silestone countertops, marble countertops, or granite countertops? Shaw Company Remodeling provides the vision and expertise to remodel your existing kitchen into the kitchen you’ve always dreamed of.