Over time, everything fails; this is no different for the roof on your house. After 20 or 25 years of keeping your home dry, it eventually reached the point where it needs to be replaced. When that point is reached, you will start looking for a roofing contractor in Norfolk.
It is going to be an expensive undertaking, and you want the new roof to last equally as long as the original roof, that means you are going to be looking for an excellent roofing contractor in Norfolk, here are a few timely tips to help you.
1. You will no doubt be asking for written quotations which include price, completion time, guarantees, etc. Do not take the lowest price as a matter of course; this can indicate that this contractor will use contract labor and second rate materials. On the other hand, he may have lower overhead than others. Question the low bidder on how he was able to arrive at his price.
2. Find out how many years the contractor has been in business. If a company already has a track record and has been in the business for some time, when you need them they will probably be there, if there is a warranty issue, they will be there to settle the problem.
3. Make sure that the roofing contractor in Norfolk is licensed and fully insured, both liability and workers comp. A roofing company that is not properly insured can leave you open for liability should there be an accident.
4. Get references, but get them from two or three years back. When you talk to a past customer from a couple of years back you will get a good idea of the quality of materials and workmanship. Should there have been any problems, by now they would have surfaced and been attended too.
5. Call the BBB; this is where you will find any unfavorable reports that have not been attended to. Any company can have a customer make a complaint, how the complaint is handled is what is more important.
6. Make sure your roofer is comfortable in communicating. Many mistakes are causes by poor communication or a misunderstanding. When the job is done, all you want is an excellent result done on budget.
7. You will be given a guarantee for the materials used for the job; this comes direct from the material manufacturer. You need to get a warranty from the roofing contractor that covers labor, which is his concern. Get the warranty in writing.
8. Make sure the workers are employed full time by the company and not just casual labor picked up for the job. Roofing is a complex undertaking and only skilled roofers know the secrets; furthermore, they are trained in safety at work.
Once you have selected your roofing contractor in Norfolk, enter into a written contract that states everything that has been discussed and agreed upon.
Reitzel Home Improvement is a roofing company in Norfolk that offer new roof installation, maintenance, waterproofing, sealing and inspections. The company is licensed and BBB accredited.