HVAC is the synonym for heating, ventilation and air conditioning. The field covers all equipment such as refrigerators, air conditioners and furnaces. During the construction phase, buildings are fitted with facilities for ventilation, air conditioning and heating. The main contractor locates A/C technicians. Some are appointed through a tendering process even before construction commences.
HVAC Yreka CA companies attract the best technicians in the market to handle projects arising from time to time. On the lower end of the scale are mediums sized and small firms that cater for clients with smaller projects such as servicing or repairing an air conditioner. When you are looking for these companies, check for certification, type of equipment owned and the level of training their technicians have.
Lets have a look at what HVAC experts do on a day to day basis.
* Every structure meant for habitation is supposed to have a good ventilation system. This protects the inhabitants from disease causing micro-organisms and bacteria. Similar set-ups are used for buildings where manufactured products are stored or other warehouses for goods in transit. Basically, ventilation standards are devised to ensure that the right temperature is maintained and level of humidity kept at an optimum.
* A HVAC technician handles a diverse range of duties. He/she may be called upon to design the system. Other times you will find the technician handling the installation. Finally, the maintenance and repair of faulty ventilation systems is handled by the same technician. There are some technicians who specialize in one area such as air conditioning. Generally, they all undergo through the same training.
* HVAC Yreka CA firms may operate as separate contractors who specialize in consultancy and development of A/C, heating and ventilation systems. Large construction companies do have these professionals as a department. Architectural firms in Yreka CA also employ such technicians to form part of their design team.
* Before a HVAC system is designed, a contractor first gets the building’s measurements. Next is an understanding of the structural aspects of the building under construction. With such information, the ventilation expert then maps all the airflow areas. The building’s age is also a contributing factor.
* The other bit concerns those technicians whose area of specialization is repair and maintenance. This is the person you will call when your air conditioner is faulty. The same personnel undertake maintenance as per the contracts entered into. A lot of work is done in this area. There is replacement of refrigerant, installation of ventilation units and reinforcement.
To know more about HVAC services in Yreka CA visit Ray-Mac Mechanical, Inc. You can also connect them on Facebook.